Monday, August 8, 2011

Ye Olde Par 4

I think I skipped blogging about last weekend because well nothing terribly exciting happened. This weekend, the one I was supposed to go to Mich, was much more eventful. I decided to spend the weekend visiting an old friend in Philly, we all should know who that is so I won't say any names. On Friday she gave me a pretty great tour around the historic parts of the city, and the whole time I could only think about how Sweeney would not only appreciate that more than me but he would actually know who all those old important people were. It's always an interesting time visiting an old course, most of the time is spent trying to figure out what kind of dynamic you're going to have. And by that I usually mean answering a few important questions.

The main question you ask yourselves ( not verbally of course, more mentally) is Are we going to hook up? This question usually dictates the "nature" of the rest of the visit. Either you're going to spend it as a couple type, or as a friend type. Usually the couple type interaction serves to let other people know that either of you is off limits, and more than likely will lead to an argument or disagreement that stemmed from jealously. Whether its a guy buying her a drink, or you talking/dancing with a girl, when you choose the couple type its almost inevitable to have to "talk." With that being said, the friendship isn't really much of a better option, at least not when you visit solo. When you visit someone by yourself and are a friendship type, the host usually goes out of their way to accommodate you. They try to make sure you have a place to stay, that someone will know where you are at all times and etc. That on the surface is not a bad thing, after all you're probably in a place you're not very familiar with. The issue comes into play when drinking happens and then the host wants to go ahead and do what they normally do. If the host as a significant other, you could get lucky and have them be cool like Cassie and Craig. BUT most likely they won't be as cool and the BF will get jealous anyway and want to overexert his presence in front of you. Then he will take the host away and leave you to fend for yourself. Another common occurrence, when the host doesn't have a significant other, is that they spend all their time/attention on you and never really get to be themselves. This just means that they are too worried about leaving you on their own that they forget to have fun themselves. This is the kind of scenario when the host would have gone to a party/club/event, but since you aren't familiar with the people/weren't invited you stay home to watch a movie, ha not exactly the best time.

Moral of the story, we spent the weekend as a couple type, and it was nice. I mean she is one girl who's probably cool enough to have a friend type visit and still be fun, but then of course we wouldn't get to hook up and well where's the fun in that. So back to our weekend. Friday night we went out in Manayunk, it was pretty cool. She was there with all her PT friends so I kinda just chilled and had bottomless drinks. The thing about the couple type is that you really can't talk to any and every girl like I'm used to, so I just chose to limit all convos to her friends, and specifically the ones that had boyfriends as to not get myself in trouble. On Saturday their apartment complex had this really cool all day drinking event by their pool. At one point they even brought out a mechanical bull, but I have to say it was nothing like the 5th quarter bull we all used to marvel at and love. Met more friends on Saturday, including a girl who went to UM and knew Logan. If you guys don't already know my history with Logan and the Waterpolo team of those years then lucky you ha. Turns out the girl only met Logan during their Senior year, so the Stev days were long forgotten by then.

Sunday I came back to Baltimore and had bottomless screwdrivers for brunch. I actually got tired of Orange juice by the end of the day so now I'm taking a week off from it as to save my stomach. Thats a rough summary, I'm getting kinda tired now and don't really feel like going into any more detail ha.

Chin, Mike O lets work on you guys updating more frequently. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Haha gotta love those breakfast brunches with a lot of high-acidic cocktails. Whether it be screwdrivers or bloody mary's, I learned that 12 is a few too many to have before 11am.

    Philly is filled with exciting history. I hope you absorbed some of it!

    ReplyDelete