Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snowed In

Well here on the east coast and I believe most of the northeast we were just hit by a wonderful little snow storm. Looking out of the sliding door I can clearly see about a foot of snow gathered on the deck. This basically means I am stuck at Kerry's house, which until last night I wouldn't have considered a bad thing, so this small entry will describe what I found to be the culmination of  a bad day, my first of which in a long time.

News of the snow came early and prepations were made, despite that school was still canceled in the morning, which meant no game and no subbing. So I decided to take most of my day to watch more HIMYM and thus my day started nicely. Around 2 pm Kerry made a push to get me to come over, so we could be snowed in together. At first I was hesitant, I had just made the 20 min drive on Monday and hadnt come back home till tuesday evening. Thats a lot of time to spend with one person consecutively and even though we are official I don't want to be over there all the time. But trying to be a good boyfriend and all I decided that I would surprise her and drive over, after convincing her that I wasn't coming. My plan was to beat the snowfall which was slated to start after 4 and increase every hour through the night. I was held up at my house and ended up leaving around 4 but it was only raining at the time. About halfway through my drive the rain turned to snow and thus everyone on the road forgot how to drive. The remainder of my drive averaged at 5 mph....yeah not much else to say there, at least the radio station djs understood my stress and decided for once to play a great stretch of music for my now 3 hour car ride. Yeah so that put a little damper on my trip and ruined my surprise for her as my mom called her worrying about where I was. Once I got to Kerry's house( after about a one mile run in the snow to get there) everyone met me with a warm greeting and the drinking commenced. I wasn't terribly interested in drinking that much because I had my fill in AA but I decided to play along...bad idea it turns out...Most of the night turned out fine but around 10 oclock the jersey shore event of the evening ruined it for me.

Most guys enjoy a good fight, maybe not taking part in it but at some level we humans like to spectate a good brawl. This however wasn't your typical push each other around, throw a few punches and then break it up fight, this was the pinnicle for all guy spectators, a Catfight. Well at least you would think so. Most cat fights have a lot of screaming, name calling, and hair pulling, with the occasional piece of attire being ripped...all things pretty appealing. But this fight had no attire being ripped and was between two sisters. Yeah two very close lived together almost their whole life, 1 year apart inseperable sisters. The words being exchanged were in the hurtful variety and they were actually throwing punches and kicks. It was a big mess. But most of all, it was terrible because out of the scuffle imerged underlying issues that I think will haunt these two sisters for awhile to come. What caused such a falling out you ask? Well one sister claims she is a virgin and the other refuses to believe her. Granted she had just walked in on them without any clothes on and on top of each other, but HIMYM taught us that situations aren't always as they appear.

So why did this really bother me more so than most fights, well because these sisters are Kerry's roommates and ontop of that Kerry already got into a similar fight, minus the physical abuse, with on of the sisters. In other words this is becomming a drunk habit of these girls and one that I really dont want to be apart of. I always tell people there's nothing worse than keeping things in until they boil over, and this only strengthens and proves my point....ugh I almost don't even want to be around these girls anymore as they refuse to actually talk sober about their issues and work them out. My plan from now on is really not to drink around them, and if I do it will be a glass of wine with dinner or perhaps a vodka tonic....Thus my adventures of the boyfriend start this way...disliking the best friend roommates of my girlfriend....looking forward to this next day being snowed in, at least I'll get to watch inception again, granted not on bluray.

No comments:

Post a Comment