Monday, January 31, 2011

Army of Two

Sad news today, my favorite hometown bar, only because you can both dance and play beer pong there, burned down on Saturday evening! Yeah its tragic, but still kind of cool to know that I was one of the last people in the bar as we left well after closing on Friday night...Just an interesting tid bit.

Also, anyone have any ipod recommendations? I used to find it easy to work out or run without music but once I got into it I realize how impossible it is to now train without it, so im in the market for a new one...I was thinking a touch with facetime perhaps...

Kerry and I went on our first official date, it was a double date, and we saw The Mechanic with my bro and his girl. Pretty solid movie with great action, and yes it was fun. Afterwards we came back to my house and she kept just looking at my as if she felt awkward, not knowing what she wanted to do, or rather knowing that she wanted to do something but not wanting to say it...That kind of thing really bothers me so I hope that doesn't become habit. And yes I've already mentioned that to her.

Finally, I think it sucks having to work out by yourself. I miss having Chin bug me about going to the IM building because well when you have a friend with you it makes things so much better, one for spotting, and two for motivating you to push through that last set....Motivation, one thing my general working out is in serious need of....Why do we work out? For ourselves? To look good? To feel good? To run a marathon? To be able to show your kids what you mean when you describe an exercise? Anyone out there have a good answer?

2 comments:

  1. I work out because it is habit...just something I will always do and make time for. I feel good after working out too. I like being able to play sports and to just be athletic in general. It makes new games and old games easier to play and therefore more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We both saw the Mechanic! I don't know if you need the facetime to be honest. I workout with my iPhone and I find it a little bulky. Ideally, I would go for something slimmer and with a lower profile. I saw a lady with the nano or whatever they're calling it these days, it seems like it would be a better companion than a touch. Also, consider the Nike trainer app if you do get a touch. I think you would need to buy the whole kit thing though because I don't think touches have GPS, so maybe not worth it.

    I agree with Cassie on why we work out. To stay competitive for things like Elbel Beach. I also like to work out because of the whole sound mind thing. Doing good things, like working out or helping a friend are just good for the spirit. I did see a couple working out together yesterday, so maybe Kerry would be interested in joining up.

    ReplyDelete