Monday, June 20, 2011

Challenge Accepted

"Impossibilities are merely things of which we have not learned, or which we do not wish to happen."




So I guess I didn't write about this weekend on Sunday like I usually do because there wasn't much to note. Don't get me wrong, I had a good weekend but nothing too exciting happened. Friday I hung out with my new/old friend Jerry and his gf and sis, the same couple I went to Atlantic City the week before with. Once again they got into a fight, which apparently had built up all week, so we didn't get around to going out or anything. I spent most of my night trying to talk to Jerry and help him out in his decision process. As anyone who has been in a long term relationship knows it is very difficult to decide that what's best is for you two to not be together anymore. Basically the thought of not being with the person (mainly out of habit more than anything else) and the idea of seeing them with anyone else (self explanatory) is enough to keep people together despite the fact that they no longer make each one happy. So yeah that was my friday night, I didn't mind so much because I like doing that kind of stuff, but its just tough to see two people I consider friends spend some much time being miserable.

On Saturday I spent most of the daytime hanging out with Jerry and helping him put stuff together around the house. On Friday we went shopping for a new TV stand and an AMP for his outdoor speakers, so we spent Saturday day drinking and setting that stuff up. Sat night the ladies had a night planned so I decided to mix and match groups of friends. Kerry had invited me to a pool party with some co-workers so I figured it would be a good place to introduce Jerry, I mean girls in bathing suits how can you not win with that combo....well you can not win by there being no girls there ha. Unfortunately Kerry had stuff to do all day so by the time she was ready to head over everyone had already left, but I guess it wasn't a total fail because we got to drink and swim and one of her best looking friends Mel was there to entertain. I mean my last post about Kerry should tell you guys pretty much how I feel about this situation but more or less she is my only other friend that I can consistently count on to hang out with. I kinda feel a little pressure, well some welcomed pressure, from Jerry because he's heard so much about me he expects every time I go out to be filled with women. As inaccurate as that may actually be about me, it motivates me to be my most outgoing self just to entertain him when we're out, plus it's pretty fun for me to see how people react to me. So yeah that was my weekend, we had a nice Father's Day BBQ on Sunday.


As for the title.....I accepted a Marketing/Sales/Consulting job today at Distinctive marketing solutions or something. Pretty much I've deduced that this is EXACTLY what Wheeler left us in Mich to move to Boston for. I'll be doing the exact thing he was doing, kinda interesting in my opinion. As you know with the school year over all my current employment is on hold until at least the summer is over, so I've been looking into finding something to do. I literally searched all around in all different markets and this was one of the only things to respond so I figure, why not?

In the middle of this post I talked to Wheeler! ha he called me back TWICE and we had good conversation. I can now say that I'm pretty excited about working. The fact that Wheeler is doing well in this company motivates me to do well and maybe i'll end up moving around the country like he did. I always said this is the time in our lives when we can afford to do things like this so WHY NOT!


Ah yeah I had some stuff to say, but once again I forgot it all. so I'll end this post and probably post later this week (middle) and let you know everything. I'll end on two notes:
1.) WAY too many beautiful girls working in the same office as me, looking like I'll get myself in trouble.
2.) A job where I can control how far I get....entry level to management....CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Move to D.C. with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do in fact come to D.C. I don't need to move at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Stev! Make me proud.

    You certainly seem to still hang out with Kerry a lot...What happens when DS comes out around her?

    ReplyDelete