Sunday, April 17, 2011

When lights are coming through the drapes and we're both yawning...

Before I start this post I want to say that I hereby officially resign from the Sangria competition and forfeit my place in it. Why? Well because it is something that I just never really got around to investing my time into, and I don't want to to show up with a half effort concoction that would taste terrible.

Another pretty uneventful weekend. Friday was a pretty fun night but other than that I decided to take it easy because well I anticipate drinking a lot this upcoming weekend in Ann Arbor.

Friday started like any other day, and we had a nice track meet to go to Friday night. I had to run practice and then drive over to the meet, something I wasn't thrilled about. However we decided to leave the meet early (otherwise we would have stayed there till 10:30pm at least) and thus start our drinking a little bit sooner than usual. Frank had some GreyGoose that he bought for the bachelor party that we never got around to drinking, so I decided to exclusively drink that at the pregame. One thing I realized at this pregame was that I don't necessarily need the rager kind of pregame we used to do anymore. We had some music playing and pretty much just played card games while sipping on Goose and Sprite, and I was very drunk and still had a good time. Another thing I realized at this pregame was that while at home at least, I kinda miss having a girlfriend. Not 45 in particular, but just a girlfriend. It's mainly because, Stann and Frank, the two people I spend almost all my time with now, both have long term gf's and it seems all their friends are coupled off as well. So when Frank's gf had a really cute friend over for the pregame, it was no surprise to me that she brought her boyfriend. Just a side note. The night took us to Fed Hill, the college area of Baltimore, where I danced and pranced and actually bought a couple of drinks. There are a couple of people who have moved to the Maryland DC area that I met in college, so I decided to finally meet up with one on Sat night. She is Wheeler's old friend from Cali, Helen, and I wasn't too excited about it mainly because most of her friends aren't the best looking and her roommate is gay( which isn't a problem except I've already seen him in bed with his boyfriend...an image I never ever need to revisit). But since she was literally at the Bar next door to me I went over to chill. This was the first time I voluntarily left the group I went out with, and it worked out for me well. A couple of blocks and drinks later, I found myself waking up next to Helen. Again, no 46, but considering it had been awhile since I've had that kind of encounter I was still pretty happy about it....In the morning I found myself with a weird thought, that actually will kinda lead me to a mission while im in AA, and that's the fact that I haven't been given anything from a girl in a very long time...since my last long stay in Michigan prior to the Chin road trip. Much to my dismay, 45 didn't like doing it, and so I never asked for it. If you haven't figured it out yet, girls who don't like giving head are usually pretty terrible at is, versus girls who like it, tend to be really good. So if a girl ever says she doesn't usually do it, or doesn't like to, you're better off just avoiding it all together, case in point the whole me getting Bitten thing....ugh. Another thing I realized, at least in my experiences, are that girls who don't give aren't the most expressive (body wise, creative wise, movement wise, NOT vocally) in bed as girls who do. Both 45 and I'm sure you all remember another who were pretty questionable mates in bed, and neither liked to give that little gift.

Therefore I have left myself a little challenge to seek out that ever elusive gift this time around in AA. Probably won't be too hard, but still should leave me with a nice lasting memory of Ann Arbor. I don't know if you guys realize this, but most likely this will be one of my final visits to Ann Arbor, at least until we're distinguished alum, because well everyone that we know and love are moving on. Hotel Arch, while the house may still be there, we all know its not the place but the WHO that make it special...Without the sweeney's and saints of the world how could Arch really live on. It would be like going to your favorite club that's under new management, the building may stay the same but the vibe and good times could never be replicated. I anticipate perhaps still vising Cassie while she's doing her big social work thing and all but it will def be an "older" scene then the crazy party scene we have become accustomed to.



All that aside, I decided to give you guys a little update on what the heck I plan on doing with my life. So I made the decision to coach both Basketball and Track at Loch Raven for another year. Mainly because I have done such a poor job saving and also couldn't get all my transcripts and what not sent into my grad schools in time to make it to school next semester. So during this next year of coaching I plan on finding a semi-regular job but mainly I plan on finding the perfect school for me. I really have fallen for Coaching, and definitely would like to do the Grad assistant coaching route for the first year of my masters. This means that whatever school has an opening for the 2013 school year, plus a counseling psychology program, will be most likely where I end up. Almost certain it will be a small school in a random place, could possibly take me back to the midwest although I'm trying my hardest to avoid any school in Ohio.

As for my car, I should really have one bought by the middle/end of the summer, so depending on our OFFICIAL location for the REUNION I could be driving to it.

That about does it for now, anything else we can talk about/catch up in person, over dinner and drinks...That sounds nice indeed. See you all in 4 days time.

3 comments:

  1. Stev...get back in the sangria contest!!!

    And I know what you mean about the whole everyone you know having girlfriends...all of my girlfriends seem to be getting boyfriends...and where does that leave Cassie?! Single...as usual.

    Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niccce Ann Arbor goal! I love how you're like, "shouldn't be too difficult", just gonna brush of a BJ like that? I see how it's going to be this weekend...

    That's cool that you're going to stay coaching for another year, I want to get out there sometime and after my first year at Delta, I will get 2 weeks of vacation days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO!!! EPIC WIN this weekend as I am reading this post you writing it!

    ReplyDelete