Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Last Ann Arbor Fling

Well maybe not the last, but definitely one of the last, and for me, one of the last in a long time. But i want to start this post by saying that the weekend was a huge success. Although there were bumps in the road, Chin having to work on Friday, Bar Louie, Crappy Service, we still stayed strong and made it an amazing weekend. Personally, that last post I made about what I wanted to do, I did all of it and while it was everything I wanted it to be, I think I'm done now with the quick personal sex quests....Also, I decided that I no longer have a need to filter myself on here, we're all adults and you all pretty much know what I do and say so its no point in not being fully open.

A brief summary for those that missed it, 46 happened and it was my first official one night stand. Official meaning I didn't Facebook request her, never asked her last name (she actually probably doesn't remember my first name), and I walked out early in the morning without saying goodbye or a morning quickie. Can't say I felt too good about it at the time, I think I'm too much of a romantic to really just leave a girl high and dry like that, but then again me waking her would have waked her roommate and put them both in a probable awkward situation.

While I waited for my one hour delay flight I briefly talked with a very cute girl in the airport that was flying back on my flight but headed to DC. We exchanged looks a bit but the conversation stayed on topic of the plane and didn't really get to anything interesting. After awhile she left and sat down to read or text or whatever and I got to thinking. I've always wanted to meet someone on a flight and sit next to them the way back and have something start from it. I think it would make a cutesy story and would be kinda fun meeting someone randomly like that. Unfortunately I had no kind of game in that situation, I think it could be for a couple reasons....
1.) My subconscious read her body language and deduced that she wasn't that into me to begin with so it told my conscious not to bother pursuing
2.) The fact that she lived in D.C. turned me off a little because why bother starting a relationship (friendship or more) that would end up being long distance (Even if D.C. is less than an hour away)
3.) I just have been out of the game too long and can't pick up girls unless I'm in a bar or restaurant
4.) I just have no idea HOW to pick up a girl in a random place
Whatever the reason may be this little incident inspired me for a set of quests....

Well first of all, after this weekend I've decided that I'm going to try the naked man whenever I get the chance. I will not discriminate on whether I actually like the girl (meaning would want to start something of substance) or just going for a hookup. I need to know if this thing really will work or at least the kind of variables that are required for a successfully executed Naked Man.
In addition to the naked man, I think I should set myself a weekly goal to accomplish that I can then of course blog about. For example, one could be to meet a girl/get her number in an everyday place/non bar pretty much. Another could be to do the same of another coach/teacher....stuff like that. Outside of the social life thing I could make myself see a movie, concert, show....go to a place in Baltimore I haven't been, pretty much I am going to make my life more interesting now because well like E told me this weekend, we only live once.
I am open to ideas on how I can make things more exciting so feel free to comment.

I also decided that I will every now and then give you guys a little Waithe family background. You guys may know some things about my history but there's definitely a lot you don't know, and well you have to know where you've been to know where you're going...or something like that ha ha.

Saturday was a great day of day drinking and chilling, I think I'm going to try to work more of those days into my normal schedule. We all know after a long week of work/sports a little bit of sangria and sunshine is just what the doctor ordered.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha.....oh E told you that you only live once? Men! What do you think "We don't talk we do!" is about??? But I do like the setting the goal thing. You set it then go out and do it. I really haven't explored the best spots around me either, and I can't tell you the last girl that I met 4 the first time outside the bar/party scene. So I def want to improve my game in that respect so I might actually get into that. We'll start a support scene "Galfers Across America."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Bar louie is on par with my working on Friday as a bump in the road...It's so weird for me to hear you talk about the whole "lacking game" thing...that's like Jordan talking bout how fre throws make him nervous...

    I agree with you on lifting the filter on the blogging...I'm thinking I'll stop glazing over the incriminating details, ya dig?

    Galfers Across America for sure.

    ReplyDelete