Sunday, November 21, 2010

Baby I've Got a Plan....Runaway as Fast as You Can

So I've been thinking about this whole theme thing, and I agree themes are nice, and they help to keep things spontaneous, entertaining, and most of all fun. To me themes are kinda like goals, you want to make them but you also want to keep them relatively small, as to not try to over extend yourself. I've always been a fan of changing things up, so I asked myself how could I apply this to a theme? Then I looked at my current situation and also asked myself, what kind of changes would I like?... after much deliberation I came up with what I think is a good theme for December....New Leaf December.

What does this mean? Allow me to explain.

My idea is pretty simple, every week or maybe even every other week, we have something new that we are trying to accomplish. For example, I'm a big advocate for New Friend Friday...in which our goal is to simply not just meet someone new, but meet someone new with the idea of gaining a new friend...something that I need these days ha.

Then there was New Taste Thursdays....a day where you can try something new in the food or drink category....Never had Indian or Ethiopian, give it a try...A wine you always walk by but still haven't tried...give it a taste....or maybe its a drink you always see girls sipping but you wonder if you'd like...This is the day to do it. Also New Taste can be Tuesday also, I just like alliteration so it doesn't really matter which day you choose. I understand that circumstances don't always allow for this kind of thing to happen every week, so I say at least twice in the month of December we try to apply this theme, and then we blog about it of course. Thus far I haven't really thought of any other themes for other days but I just wanted to share my basic idea.

Some other possible thoughts I had were New Move Mondays...yes where we try a new dance or one that we've always wanted to learn. So far I haven't really put any thoughts into the weekend, but I'd like to think that the themes would make more sense in a going out type environment since it is the weekend. Let me know your guys' thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. I like that idea, but yea...some Thursdays or Fridays may become difficult, but I will definitely make a conscious effort to do that stuff. I'll try and think of some other themes too.

    ReplyDelete