Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall for your Type

Happy Election Day Everyone!

I just realized that it feels like the weekend. Most likely because the two things I have been doing recently, coaching class and coaching, were canceled for the last two days...all that means is that it makes the rest of the week feel both pointless and kind of annoying....but no worries because ANN ARBOR on THURSDAY!...Wow that means I one day week for me, wonder how tomorrow will go...will i be motivated or will I just want to slack off.

I can't say I'm much for politics. Mostly because for as long as I remember I couldn't vote, which served as a nice and convenient excuse for me to not care or get involved in the governing of our nations. And then I spent a nice 5 years of my mature thinking stages in Michigan, a place I always knew I wouldn't end up living...what's the end result, well its me not registering to vote because I just didn't want either candidate to win and I didn't do enough research into what else was going on. Maybe as I continue to get older, get a job, and things start affecting me I'll learn my lesson and become a citizen.

I would say that tonight, for the first time since probably sophomore-junior year, I facebook stalked. Not one particular person or anything, but i definitely looked at a good number of pictures and peered into the lives of people that were once my close friends. I don't want to say it depressed me, just made me more aware of how far I've grown apart from everything I knew "home" to be outside of my family. A few friends are now married, no wedding invites for me, a couple others have moved to different places, penn, florida, new york, carolina and so forth. It seems that for the most part, they all kept up with each other in college which is probably why I am so separate now. I guess you can say I got exactly what I wanted. By junior year of high school I was totally over Loch Raven and couldn't wait to get as far away from this place as possible. I mean Ann Arbor is amazing, I will always love that place and feel at home there, but it always seemed like a temporary bubble that I would eventually have to get over and move on from...I suppose thats what I need to learn to do, move on. I set myself up to where I let go of my high school self, now its time to do the same for college...except I think I learned my lesson this time, I will def keep up with my Mich friends. Like Chin said we are separated by location, but I still don't know where I would be without any of those guys, especially wheeler, so to totally phase them out would be tragic.

So what am I looking for this weekend? Well simply, a great time. When I left AA I had it all, a decent paying job that let me come and go whenever I wanted...No shortage of female companions, I had Cassie and Mike O and Kenzo around to cause Mayhem with, and I had a college town which let me travel almost anywhere by foot and do whatever. Since then I've been jobless (kinda) had no real social network of worth, continued a relationship with a very nice girl, took something precious from that girl, and slowly started to walk in the direction of my future...Meaning I signed up for the Feb GRE. So lets see, hopefully this weekend I don't go too crazy, and by that I mean no taking precious moments, nothing too silly with anyone I meet or already know, and well hang out with Cass and Chin and Hotel Arch and remind myself that I am cool and people like me ha. But yeah it's going to be a nice escape, a little fresh air of fun that will help me prepare for this long haul of GRE studying, all day coaching and subbing, and repeating for 4-5 months.

On a side note...I hate the radio....So many of the same OLD songs we all loved months ago...For example, like a G6 has been playing non stop in bars(which if i'm dancing with 1502 wouldn't be so bad but when I'm the only one doing the dance its not quite as fun) and No Hands...a song I discovered before Wale's mixtape  came out, to say "overplayed" would be an understatement.....in either case I started making CD's again, and today while I was doing my "dance around in women's clothes and listen to music" routine, I rediscovered the skipping track. So here's to technology advancing at a ridiculous pace, and here's to the anti-skip function on the walkman( CD player version, the TAPE version is officially no longer in production!!!)


See you, well some of you, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment