Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Remember who I was

All in all this was a pretty great Thanksgiving weekend...starting from Wednesday Night.

For the first time in a long time I decided to take it back to high school and hang out with some friends from back in the day. I guess I had forgotten that people actually "come home" for Thanksgiving break since I was used to "home" being Ann Arbor. I have to admit that at first I was pretty bummed about not being back in AA for dinner at the Petosk household. But what I had noticed is that this idea of longing or missing things from AA had become a theme in my life and pretty much keeping me from moving on. So in order to counter that, I decided that a trip down High School lane, perhaps to reconnect with some old friends and make new ones, was  exactly what I needed to make my transition into Baltimore life a little easier.

So on Wednesday night I hung out with my old best bud Greg, and then my old friend Jerry and his Girlfriend Lindsay. We were later joined by a couple of old Loch Raven people that I'm not really friends with but still cool with so it was a good night. We each got a six pack and switched beers around, so it was a bootleg version of find the beer ha. Also we played 21 cup beer pong which is very fun. It's pretty much Civil War, without the violence and with more cups. It was weird for me to see that pretty much all of my good friends from back in the day are wifed up pretty seriously, it just means that the boys night out nights will not quite be the same.

Thursday was your typical Turkey day, stayed in and watched football all day while my mom made an amazing dinner. No one wanted to go out Thursday night so we just stayed in playing some Black Ops.

Friday was pretty much the same scenario. We had  bball practice then I went to visit Greg and see his new gf. She's pretty cute and they look like they're a good couple. I plan on visiting him up at his school he teaches at sometime in the next month or two. Friday evening we rediscovered Zombies in Black Ops. Now we're all hooked again since Stowemoney is in love with it. I guess I forgot to mention that Chris came to visit and has been here for a week. He's just as crazy and funny and awesome as usual, the funniest part being that he has missed a good number of fads that came to America because he was in Korea for the last couple of years. The last "dance" he remembered was  Soulja Boy ha ha.

Last night was interesting. All day we again played Zombies and just hung out hoping for  an Gayhio State Upset but unfortunately UM blew it again. Around 8pm we headed into the city for what I thought would be a crazy last night out for Stowe. It started pretty good, an acquaintance and I ran the beer pong table and each were award 4 free drinks at the bar, a reward I have yet to capitalize on. Around 11 everyone decided to head out but I stayed back and waited for 45 and her entourage to arrive. When she finally got there it was just her and one other person, and sadly enough I was losing my buzz. We decided to head straight for the bars to catch up with everyone except that her friend wasn't 21....I wasn't too happy that she came downtown without an ID or plan but we went with it...fail. She tried to use 45's ID to get in and the first bar saw right through it and took the ID. Now I was left with an underage girl and an ID less 45. So i decided to be the nice guy and stay with them, believing that we would just be able to find something else to do...fail again. The friend spent the rest of the night complaining and preemptively planning her March 21st birthday. Moral of the story, we went back to their house and by the time we got there I was sober and bored and a little annoyed so I just went to bed. Official bedtime for last night, 12:45....Yeah not quite what I had in mind at the beginning of the night but oh well. I just discovered that while some people have the ability to salvage a night after a misstep (1502) others lack in the same area.

What did I learn from this weekend....
1.) Cassie is still just as crazy as ever ha
2.) Some high school friends are worth keeping around
3.) Just because you like a girl doesn't mean you'll like her friends
4.) Black Ops Zombies is addicting and fun
5.) Ricks is really the only bar you can go to everyday and somehow still have fun


Here's to everyone coming home from school again in like 3 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I would get pretty annoyed listening to her friend planning her 21st, Zombies? Eh, I'll text you right now

    ReplyDelete