Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pinky Swears

I'd like to start this post off by saying that this was a successful weekend. I never really thought after last year that I would be celebrating St. Patty's again so soon and with day drinking but alas the opportunity of multiple purpose drinking could not be passed up. So this weekend we celebrated both Stann and My Birthday with the day of good ole St Patrick...a recipe for success.


Friday:
On Thursday night the siblings and I decided to catch the midnight showing of Battle LA. A very good and entertaining movie, so I took a two hour nap before the show because I had to wake up at 6 to sub on Friday. It was worth it. So Friday I had practice and school, which was nice because I got to hurdle with the hurdlers which is always a good time, afterwards we had a family dinner downtown at the Inner Harbor (nice place) at a Seafood buffet. After that Stann and I packed a bag and decided to stay downtown all weekend at Franklin's place because we have a meeting this morning (Sunday) at noon. Friday night was the night where I was still a little hesistant as in not so Go for it. The people out in Baltimore werent the usual, as most of them were staying in for the all day Sat activites, naturally we still went out. It was actually a great time as Stann's friend Adam was a big hit with the ladies for some reason that night. It was pretty much a guys night out dancing around having fun and attracting the attention of ladies that way. There was no 46 to be had this night but I was satisfied with a nice buzz and the company of some pretty attractive girls. I got two phone numbers,  but ended up losing them oh well.

Saturday:
So Stann texts me at 10am ready to drink. Or so he said but turns out he wasn't even at the house and when he did get here he wasn't ready to drink. So i cracked open a beer and had a couple waiting for Stann's lunch date to come downtown. Eventually we put on our green gear and headed to the bars for what would be probably the 2nd best Patty's day ever. 2nd only to Cassie and I being up at 7am drinking. Throughout the day I collected all sorts of beads and light up toys, which ended up being the perfect piece of flair necessary to spark conversations with girls. I traded beads, kisses, lap dances, and groping for all kinds of beads, necklaces, pins, and drinks. If i had to count, I would say that I made out with about 10 different girls, a surprise that I didn't catch anything. But there was one girl in particular, Erica, who has 46 potential. The only problem is that drunk me resorted to giving her my number rather than taking her number, which is a pretty rookie move and one that might lead to me never seeing her again. I know it seems like a good idea for a guy to want the girl to make the first move, but usually when left like that things rarely work out the way the guy wants them to. So for future reference fellas, always get the girls number and be prepared to make the first move. Anyways Erica and I danced and made out for an hour or two until Stann et company were ready to leave. Erica's two friends were reluctant to join us so I didnt want to take her away from them. Afterall it was only like 6 and I figured I had all night to meet up with her again. The only problem was I left a drunk girl with my number and name, and no way of reaching her, so Erica's story ends there for the night at 6pm sitting on a bar stool. Maybe I'll hear from her but I imagine I probably won't. The reason why this was the 2nd best patty's day was due to the people. Day drinkers are a special breed, and patty's day drinkers are even better. All ages come together to drink and be merry and everyone is just so gosh darn friendly. I cant really put into words the emotions that made the day so fun but just imagine being around cool people and drinking.

Another thing I developed last night was my new identity. You know how people ask you what are u doing now? the wonderful post graduate question. Well my answer is a nice half truth. ive started to tell people I coach and teach. I actually coach and I only sub, but its close enough. I sub anywhere from 3- 5 days a week now and usually work with the same teachers and keep their lesson plans on schedule. All the kids know me and even request me and they behave their best when I watch over them. I even get paid on the same schedule as teachers and come summer will be without a job like them ha. So for all purposes, I am a gym teacher and coach at Loch Raven High School. This identity actually worked wonders for me yesterday and thanks to my teacher network I was able to pretty much relate with other real teachers I met. This makes me want to kind of develop my own little playbook, at least for the random nights I decide to go out, just to see what its like. It's pretty easy to be myself, and that works well for me, but for people I know I'll never see again it's always fun to pretend to be someone else.

FYI I won't be drinking that much from now until I go back to AA so no more hooking up stories most likely, but you never know. Also Should I attend this bachelor party in AC or not? The bachelor is not really my friend, he's friends with Stann and his boys but I almost always go to AC( Atlantic City) with them when they do go so im just curious....I would rather save my money and buy a good SUIT!!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa...you blew my mind by editing this post. I was like, didnt he have a meeting or something that he was going to...you sly dog...

    GET A SUIT! Stev, even if for one night in Ann Arbor, it will be worth it, I promise. I bet you could do AC and still get a suit. Think about it, the weather will probably perfect for a suit, not too hot and not too cold. Then if we get hotel arch to suit up also, c'monnnnn!

    ReplyDelete