Monday, May 2, 2011

Hiding In Plain Site

So many thoughts I had throughout this week, and yet I failed at writing any of them down. Currently I am reading "Full Frontal Feminism" recommended by Cassie, so eventually I will have a post dedicated to that book. It's pretty interesting thus far.

As chin mentioned there is a lot of remembering going around these days with graduation and what not, but I think that I've done my fair share of driving down memory lane. As I look to the future I find it more and more difficult not to see myself coaching. This weekend we had a JV only Invitational, kind of a filler meet for the kids not going to Penn Relays, and I must say it made it fall in love with track all over again. I think this was mainly because my group of kids, the hurdlers, were all running and all ran really well. My guy hurdler won his race, and my two girls went 2-3. You know how people say that sometimes parents live vicariously through the successes of their kids? Well I'm pretty sure it's the same way for Coaches. Something about seeing them perform so well makes all the long practices and constant repetition worth it. I guess what I really want you guys to get out of this is that I've finally found a place in the working world that I know I belong in, and that's coaching. Now all I need to do is find a real day job and I'll be well on my way.

This weekend was pretty good for me. Friday morning I saw Fast Five with my little bro, and it was great. If you are a fan of the series then it's a must see. If you're a fan of action movies, then it's a must see. If you're a fan of Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, or the Rock....well you get the point. Just go watch this movie and make sure you stay past the credits, or through the credits.

Saturday we went to the city to celebrate a Pal's 25th birthday, which I realize isn't too far away for me, scary thought. It was a great night, no 47 or anything like it but def one of the most fun nights I've had in Baltimore. It seems that after a wedding last weekend, Stann et company have revived jump style and thus we spent sometime reviewing the moves prior to us going out. As if it was meant to be, within the first half hour Stereo love comes on and of course we make a huge circle on the dance floor and take it away. I actually wish there would have been a video for this because we made it look good. 3x3 with the rows interchanging on the turn, a thing of beauty. Anyways after the dance we were a big hit in the club and we used our celebrity to get groups of girls to dance with us.Oddly enough, a bunch of guys came up to ask congratulating us and tell us how good we looked ha, guess everyone can appreciate good dancing.

It is definitely wedding season. There were about 4 bachelorette parties that stayed out in the club plus 3 that were there at some point or another. I found myself, for some reason, searching out all the maid of honors and then using them as an in into the group. I should mention though that these were some of the more unattractive wedding parties I have ever seen. Some of the brides were beat and even more of the bridesmaids were just not people you would want to take to a fashion show. BUT since I was drunk it all was in good fun. SIDE NOTE, would have been a killer night to have a No Pride Night.

The one downside of the night were...well Asian girls. This is the first night where I actually felt like I could understand why Chin has such a negative disposition towards them. To Sum it up, we met 5 of them, 4 of them were game to dance, one was just a debbie downer (to be nice), and ofcourse that was the one I took. After hours of dancing they came back to our place downtown. After an hour of maybe the worst kings game ever, they took a cab back to Towson(where my rents live). Pretty much they sucked. I felt bad for the guys I was with because I'm pretty sure they ALL thought they were going to get it in, and instead well you know. The worst part of it all was that they would speak half English half SOMETHING. No idea what the heck they were speaking but I was informed it wasn't any kind of Korean (I guess they were offended I thought so) or really any other dialect I had heard before. The ring leader was the most annoying Asian I've met, next to Angela, poor Chin ha. Anyways it came to the point where I just wanted them to leave us alone so we could sleep....anytime you're hanging out with a girl or guy it should NEVER come to the point where you just want them to go away.

That about sums up the weekend. Looking forward to the Porter Offili wedding this weekend, should be in AA early Friday through Sat Night. I have no obligations on Friday, so if anyone wants to go out then I'm game. I'm sure I'll be doing something with the Wedding Sat Night so I'll let you guys know accordingly.


Just to be a bandwagon Patriot.....USA.....or if I was still an undergrad i'd probably say....America! F*** Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Haha.....Asians, I acutally saw Angela when I visited my sister, and I'm pretty sure her parents cussed me out in their language. BUT WHY OH WHY is everyone getting married all of a sudden??? But next week should be fun, even if Barnes doesn't follow through with the wedding invite, the after party should be rocking.

    ReplyDelete