Sunday, October 31, 2010

Professional Development

We all wear masks...


So it's clearly been awhile since my last post...not much has changed except now I am officially registered as a sub for Baltimore County Public Schools.

A couple of interesting events have taken place recently so that's going to be the subject of my post today. First of all Happy Halloween to everyone.

So this Halloween weekend started for me on Friday. Which is a little different than usual all week events in Ann Arbor but since it was my first Halloween outside of Michigan so I didn't really know what to expect and thus wasn't that bummed about making it a two night event. I didn't dress up on Friday...didn't really want to and since I'm lacking in my social network these days there is no real reason for me to go out hard or anything. I spent the evening with my big bro and his "friend" and we pregammed a bit, had some fun and went out to the bars. While at the bars we met up with some of her friends, all of which are of an older age, average like 28 yrs old ha. Either way I noticed that people of the professional world, meaning people in their career jobs already, still like to have a good time, they just do it in a different fashion. The easiest way for me to explain this is simply, take Friday night in a college town, Almost everyone is dressed up, and you see mainly if not all students out. Friday night for me was about 20 percent of people dressed up, and just as many 30+ people as there were 21-30 year olds out. Also, when you meet someone, hang out, dance(make out on the dance floor), and hang out with them back at their place.... doesn't mean that they're...dtf (for lack of a better term). In college, if you invest that kinda time in someone, and they agree to come back with you...its almost illegal to just spend your night cuddling.

So yeah that was Friday night...If anyone wants to know the exact story just ask me, but since I'm entering a different phase in my life...if for no other reason  besides the fact that I'm not as exposed to the college frenzy as before...I decided that I should maybe filter my public displays of my life, but I by no means am Shy with sharing information for anyone willing to know.

Saturday night, the prime Halloween celebration night, was just OK. Before I knew it I found myself in a situation where everyone was wifed up, literally "girlfriends" that I had only heard of through title actually showed up and came out. What that meant for me, because 45 was out of town on a family vacation, meant that I was the odd man out in every situation. If you couple that with the fact that none of my buddies(the one or two I have in MD) were out with me...it made for a pretty laid back night. I'm a pretty sociable and outgoing person, but I refuse to go out to the bar by myself, or in the situation of last night, go out looking for company by myself. It's just one of those things that you do with friends or else you end up looking like a creeper/stalker type, and I prefer to be a private creeper/stalker rather than public. So moral of the story I was bored, even with all the half naked possible companions out there, without someone to share it with just seemed pointless to me. I guess I'm again changing in the sense that I don't always go out looking for lock something up.

Ah yeah I guess I thought I had more to say than I actually did, but the idea that as we get older our behaviors  change without sacrificing the concept of fun is something that I am learning more about every day. A different kind of fun I guess we can call it. HOWEVER...this weekend I'm heading back to AA, so I guess we'll see if I really am a little different, or if I am just a product of my new environment.

Go Blue...Maybe we'll win one more game this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment