Sunday, December 5, 2010

Entertain a Grenade

What a successful weekend I would say, I forgot how much fun it is to have a wingman with you. I'm pretty sure Mike D had a good time too, while we weren't winning any rounds on the golf course, we at least got to see some very attractive ones and held our own. I think Mike D would do well to live in a big city some point in his life, it would be interesting since he's used to towns like Ann Arbor Wittenberg and now New London.

Does it count as "New Friends" when they're friends of 45, if so then I met a good number this weekend, if not then I have failed. But while we're on that subject one thing that I find myself lacking with 45 is the ability to be a "fun loving" group. What I mean by this is that it seems all of 45's friends are really apprehensive when talking to me, like they won't dance with me and keep conversation topic to that of people you're friendly to but don't plan on really getting to know. For the first time this was different last night, but the ladies in question were just work buddies of 45 and not her close knit friends. It just sucks, I'm used to friends of Dawson's who were great, I mean when we all hung out together no one was feeling uncomfortable or worrying about if it was ok to touch or dance or be flirty friendly. I know she likes me, a lot but there are still things I'm not ready to commit with in terms of the whole relationship...Like last night she came out to meet up with Mike D and me, but had an alternative plan the whole time. She didn't tell me about her plans until after 1.) I had already committed to spend the whole evening with her and 2.) before I had a chance to plan accordingly. It wasn't anything dramatic, but she wanted to head back uptown to Towson, where I live, and we were in the city, Baltimore where Mike was staying. I just felt bad having to make Mike D drive all over the place and it ended with him driving back to his hotel alone at 5 am in a city he doesn't know....And to top it off she responded to me being slighty agitated by this with saying "well you didn't have to come with me...." Like She really would let me know both nights in the weekend without hanging out with her. Oh well If this were a weighted scale of whether or not to be ready for a relationship, the scale is def tipping in the friends direction.

Thanks for finally talking to us Cass and I wish you were here too. Also can't wait for another reunion...I'm thinking a weekend in Jan perhaps?

4 comments:

  1. Stev...we definitely need another reunion! I will be in Chicago for New Years...and I have to coach on the weekend of the 15-16...we have a home tournament for my mens team (that I have to run) on the 22nd...and then I am away coaching again on the 29-30...so I could January 7, 8, 9...or February 4, 5, 6...let me know what you think. I still don't have the men's club tournament schedule yet so we might want to do the earlier January one...or even the 22nd when I am coaching in Ann Arbor...I am sad I missed the mini 1502 reunion : ( but glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My man! Baltimore was AWESOME! I def dig angels bar/the power plant... I have actually been contemplating what it would be like to be in a big city and the upside seemes to be much greater than my previous excursions (except for the taxis those get expensive)... I forgot to tell you when I was there that I have a game @ Georgetown in March. Not sure if Id be staying over night but but I'll let you know more when I figure it out. Get your phone fixed son so we can plan some more things out! And Cassie youda best

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Mike...you should make a blog so we stay updated on your life too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll leave the blogging up to you folks who are good with words...

    ReplyDelete