Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Holiday Blog

Happy Holidays Everyone.

Christmas was good, spent a lot of quality time with the family in the basement, playing cards, and wii, and other sorts of games. But one thing I noticed this year is that Santa was really determined to get me to reconnect with old friends. Now I understand that kids always come back home for the Holidays, after all Christmas is the one time a year I used to come back home from school, so I guess it makes sense to run into someone every now and then. But almost every day there was a text message or a phone call or a "a saw your mom in walmart" conversation I was having with people who wanted to know how I was doing and who claim "its been too long." I don't know what brought on this blast from the past, but seeing as how I am still having a bit of difficulty forming a new circle of friends, why not have some people that were part of my old one.

Another interesting thing happened at about 2am my time, while I was already asleep; I got a text message. Usually no one texts me that late unless they're from Cali, which coincidently they were. I got a message from Helen, a friend of Wheeler's that we went to Wisconsin to visit one indoor Big Tens. She says that she's super excited because she just realized I live in Baltimore and she does too. Then out of nowhere the text " matt says hi and he's sorry he hasn't kept in touch." Now Matt is still like a brother to me, a long lost brother, but a bro none the less, but I still think it's sad that I had to hear it from someone who I haven't talked to since, well about Junior Year. And im somewhat guessing that alcohol was involved because later the "do not respond to matt" text came followed by a text from his number "i love u." Weird night indeed.

Moral of the story, maybe Santa really really wants me to take the reigns on this one and is given me a sign. After all this time of not hearing from him I admit this is a weird first form of communication, but its communication nonetheless. Seeing as how Mike D and I and the rest of 1502 have wanted to make a little Boston adventure for awhile now, I decided that I will try to make that happen. I'll call, and keep calling Wheeler for the next couple of days and maybe find out whats been going on in his life and what not, and see if its possible to go see him. If not, then I recommend a reunion in Boston anyway, and maybe he'll show up ha.

As for NYE, I have settled on a "party of the year" as my destination with my crazy and out of control best friend. I think I'm just bored and looking for some excitement and something different, so I'm almost certain this party with be something different.

To the rest of you, Happy Holidays again and see you in 2011....Hopefully Jan 2011.

2 comments:

  1. good luck with your endeavor...I was doubting that his number was still the same till you said you got a text from him...I used to think that you weren't really serious that you absolutely couldn't get ahold of him...now I know how you feel...this is ridiculous...and sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I texted him the other night about some music, he responded with "at the bars"...I know he went home for the holidays. I feel like he just gets swept up with whatever his current conditions are and the rest of his life gets put on the back burner. I guess it's moreso him than us, but it happens to me to some extent too, I suppose. I still think I will always make time for anything related to 1502 tho haha.

    ReplyDelete