Monday, December 13, 2010

I Can't Help It

So recently I've been hearing a lot about New Year's plans and what not and honestly I must say that this year I don't really understand all the hype. I mean sure I don't have my 1502 buddies to plan something crazy with, but just from my experience you don't need an extravagant night out to make New Years a good time. Don't get me wrong, I'm still all about dressing up and going to fancy parties, I'm just not that excited about doing it for myself. And for the record, I think your outfit looks good Chin.

So my quest to find new friends has been going. Not well or bad but going. I've met a couple of girls and a guy or two, but so far their personalities aren't ones that I "have" to be around. What I mean by that is that most of the time hanging out at home sounds more appealing than going out and drinking with my new buddies. Moral of the story is that I've done it all before, and most of these people I meet are still ripe college age and all about the "South U" scene so to speak. I guess the more time I spend apart from that world, the less I want to do it when someone invites me. Granted, whenever I go back to UM I will def go to Charlies and Ricks, but its really just not the same here.

In addition, 45's gf prospects are really looking down as of late. At the end of the day there's one thing that makes me realize this, I just don't want to see her all that often, or rather I don't get excited about the prospect of seeing her. I mean she's a nice girl, but maybe too nice. In her case the most surprising thing she's done is get in a fight with her best friend roommate and cry, other than that I know exactly what I'm getting. While I've been debating whether to make the next step into dating or not I've been thinking about my past girlfriends, all two of them at UM. I've realized that compared to 45, those girls were all around better matches for me as in what I like to be around day in and day out. Sure they didn't work out, but it just seems that 45 is like going backwards rather than progressing in terms of finding the eventual "one."

So this week my plan is to meet someone new at the Gym. Yeah I've decided to stop being lazy and start going to the Gym again. It won't be the same without having Chin with me, and frankly I'm pretty mad at myself for not capitalizing on having a willing, enthusiastic, and very capable lifting partner but I think this will be a good test for me. I've kind of settled in a lifestyle now that I'm home and I need to make sure I can still press myself to do certain things. Mainly my decision came from while I've been coaching. The kids I have seem to have a real losing mentality and lack of winning spirit, and honestly its pretty depressing. There's a lot of negative energy swirling around these kids so I've decided to just purge myself by working out, I'll let you guys know how it works out. Also as Chin may recall, one of my favorite places to watch girls, in a non creepy way, was the gym. Something about a girl who is willing to work out, likes it, and in athletic clothing just really gets me every time. Sure I have a distant hope that I'll meet some beautiful, funny, friendly, and cool girl while working out, but for once that's not my first and primary intention. Hm I just totally spaced out while writing this and have forgotten what else I wanted to talk about. Looks like the Ravens are trying their best to blow another lead. Till the next one.


Here's to being 0-3

No worries we'll win the next 17 and end up 17-3

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it man.

    Where will you be working out? At the HS? If you're interested, I can forward my current workout to you (message me on FB in case I forget to check back on this thread), it's really different than what we were doing, takes less time and its more to build mass then tone. Honestly I like it a lot, usually takes 40-50 minutes

    ReplyDelete