Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lesser Than

Happy Belated Valentine's Day to everyone out there. I wonder what this day will be like for us a year from now? Or maybe two years? I remember we were all together in 1502 for it last year, oddly enough that was during the Weekend where Kerry came to visit. Anyways to sum up my day, we were supposed to have a basketball game but it got canceled, water main break. I had a teaching gig in school, 11th grade english, it sucked, kids stink. And I sent Kerry flowers to her home which she got on her way to work, then went to Red Robin with my family to surprise her and see her. Not the most Romantic places but it made it feel like I was having dinner with her as well as my family ha. Cassie sent me a pretty weird but oddly sweet V-day card and it made me wonder if we're ever, and by we I mean all of us, going to develop any traditions or things that we do every year. The whole reunion idea is great but we have yet to all be in the same place at the same time, for instance next weekend I'll be joining Cassie and Mike D in NYC but it'll be just the three of us. I guess if we were to develop any traditions it would be different for each one of us as we each seem to have very different relationships with each other. I can't really pin point how we are as a group anymore since its been a long time since we've all been together but I was curious to see if there were any ideas floating out there. Or maybe thats wrong, maybe traditions just get started all on their own, like moments where things just happen to work out and we're like "we should do this every year." If thats the case then I suppose time alone will tell how our relationships continue to develop. Speaking of relationships....anyone out there besides me in one? While I still have hit an emotional stall with Kerry, I still haven't convinced myself that it's enough to break up with her yet, I guess it'll either happen over time, or some great negative event will occur, or perhaps I'll surprise myself and find a reason to move forward with her.

Sadly enough, the level of blog worthy excitement in my life ends at those few thoughts there. Hopefully the March 1st start of Outdoor track season will bring a nice change of pace to my life, one of which I can blog about. Also there's this (who I believe) really cute teacher at my school that (as I'm told) is single, and I'm taking recommendation on how to approach her (from a friendship standpoint of course). I still have not made any new headway on my quest to friend a group of workable friends in Maryland, and by workable I really only mean people who don't live across the country from me. Maybe one of these day's we'll both find ourselves with a free period in the teachers lounge because I figure that's where all the academic romances blossom.

2 comments:

  1. I think traditions start both ways...some randomly just happen year after year and other things can be on purpose, like things that take effort like our reunion...that we will have one of these days!!!! If not in the near future I am still going to think of something to do late July so everyone keep your calendar/date book free for then!

    Stev...I am still single...clearly...I am sending my valentines to you guys haha...which might be a new tradition cause I think that sort of thing is fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late July sounds good, I think when its warm is better because some of my best 1502 memories were when it was warm. All day Elbel vball, stuff like that.

    Stev, you'd know if any of us were dating haha. Cassies vday cards make me feel like I should do something now...

    ReplyDelete