Friday, February 18, 2011

Step in the Name of Love

Ah I just got a text from Sweeney reminding me of the best time of year, when the cute girls come out of hibernation and show themselves again...Seriously Ann Arbor how I do miss you.

Anyways, I was thinking last night, after Kerry used my taboo phrase "I'm not drunk enough to dance," how much stock do I really have in things I do and don't like in women. Yes I know that statement was confusing and doesn't make sense but allow me to explain. You know how we say that certain things we like and don't like in guys/girls, like smoking and things like that. Well for me, as long as I can remember, I needed a girl to not be able to dance really but WANT to dance. You guys know the story of how my girlfriend in high school refused to go to Senior Prom with me because we feared dancing with me, yeah well since then I've absolutely boasted about how I need a girl to dance if i'm to be with her. Well last night I realized that Kerry doesn't dance. I guess I never really paid attention to it before, mainly because I let her do her gf thing when she's out but last night a song came on and I wanted to dance only to be denied by her. And the worst part of all, she went on to compare herself with my high school ex and said something like I should know the feeling by now. I was baffled. But the point is, Do I Really care about things like that, or are those just idealistic views we hold until the reality of situations cause us to change our minds. I find myself, more often than not, thinking to myself "man I hate when girls say/do that" but I'm always talking about something Kerry is doing when I say it. It makes me sad actually because I was doing my best to be a good boyfriend and all, but I can't compromise all my feelings to do so. Like for some reason, I really want to be able to dance with my girlfriend, and right now that's something I can't do. I had a flashback of Ricks last night, the nights where we could just go on stage and dance with ourselves, switching partners and just having fun. Kerry's friends are too "uncomfortable" to dance with me and she doesn't "feel' like it....Bad combination. Worst part of it all, I see so many willing faces out in the crowds and I find it hard to hold back from just going out on the dance floor and reliving out glory days. Oh well.

Ah well, all is good because a week from tonight I'll be dancing away in some overpriced bar in New York with Cassie and I'm sure some guy who's too busy staring at her boobs to even notice I'm there. Good times! ha ha

I just spent a good half hour watching some Mock Rock Videos and let me say I was not impressed. The Track guys put up a good showing, I'm proud of them and believe that they'll continue to have strong performances in the post Waithe era, as for the other teams, really? I didn't get to see volleyball but it looked like they were pretty good. I thought Crew was entertaining but not so much for dancing. All in all, probably not worth the ticket price.

Here's to girls being on UM's campus again.

2 comments:

  1. Not worth the ticket price (who cares that the proceeds go to mott's, we want a good performance haha)

    That's crazy that Kerry doesn't dance, maybe she just has to be in a different mood. I do wish I could be in NY for Cassie sandwiches(!).

    Suits are going to be great, I feel like we could even top last bachelor party, just because this time around we've had experience. Just an FYI, Men's Wearhouse is having a buying one get one free on all products, including suits for the next four days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kerry doesn't dance!? move on stev...

    and I think that Mock Rock was worth the price...seeing as my mom paid for my ticket...

    ReplyDelete