Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pursuit of Jappiness

I just saw this video being shared by a bunch of UM people and I must say I enjoyed it. it's worth a watch so check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fvP4OACmWw . Ok now that that's out of the way onto the subject of my post:


Two things that should never be mixed, PMS and ALCOHOL...Seriously, last night was not a very pleasant night for me. Kerry just started her period and hence was VERY emotional, that coupled with alcohol almost made me just want to give it all up there. I mean it wasn't that I didn't deserve her bombardment of period induced emotional stress, but it still sucked. A bit of background; Kelsey came in from Cali to visit a school in Baltimore for PT graduate school, so I hung out with her Wednesday night. I went down to the city with Stann, then went drinking with Stann, Liz, and Kelsey. After the night I spent the night in Kelsey's hotel room out of convenience and not wanting to drive back home drunk. Moral of the story I didn't tell Kerry about this before hand, and when I told her I was hangin with a friend I didn't tell her which friend or the nature of my relationship with her. So she was upset, alright cool. She came over to talk about her feelings, even better....But then that thing happens that girls seem to love, getting really drunk and pouring out, well more like unleashing the great waterfall that is all of their negative emotions....For someone who I'm sure I won't be getting more serious with it was pretty difficult for me to want to put up with her crying and screaming and unwillingness to have a rational conversation. Mind you thats how most girls get drunk and a lot of guys to, but I really thought I was past that phase. Its not the 2nd time I've seen this drunken side of Kerry and yeah hopefully its the last, I can't imagine having to put up with it on a even partially regular basis.

We all have our random behavioral traits that we struggle with from the past, mine is acting Shady. You guys have all witnessed it, I randomly leave sometimes without telling you where I'm going except for saying "On a walk" or "Out" or to "meet someone" I don't mean to sound like some kind of creeper out patrolling the streets but thats the way it comes across. This behavior of mine did not sit well with a PMSing Kerry and it was just dangerous being around her with that much emotional strain. I didn't realize that girls get drunk quicker on their period too, but now I know and I'm pretty sure Im going to stay away from alcohol that time of the month. I mean it got to the point where she was begging me to buy her drinks, when I refused she went on a quest to find a guy to buy her one (which I don't mind, im all for a freebie if they want to buy her one), the only problem was this quest came back in a tearful failure as she cried because literally some kind brushed her aside...Yeah he pretty much said no and wanted to get to the bar and ignored her which hurt her to the point of tears. So i'm going to go ahead and not induce drinking around Kerry too much from now on, it just creates some pretty bad situations.



On a brighter side, I just weighed in at my heaviest ever 200 lbs. I never really thought I would see the day, I remember almost trying to force myself to get to 200 in college just to see what it was like, and yet here I am getting there without any kind of glory and not nearly feeling as good as I used to. I would clearly point to my obsession with eating and not working out much as the root to this problem. Whenever I'm home I've always gained a few pounds, without alcohol mind you, just because my mom loves to have food around me and i love to eat. Im going to have to learn how to not just eat because there is food around me, and drinking and not running everyday have only worsened my cause....I say bright side because somehow I don't look bad at 200. I always figured it sounded like a "heavy" number but I guess my days of being skinny are behind me. I suppose now I can just work on replacing the fat with muscle and getting lean but not trying to be my old weight...Chin mentioned being more like our parents, and now I see I'm on my way to developing my dad's beer belly skinny guy look. So my new quest is to embrace being a bigger person but not let myself slip and end up looking like a freshmen girl who 2 months ago broke up with her 3 year high school boyfriend. Cheers to generally being fit again.


And seriously check out that video, if you know anything about UM greek life you should at least enjoy a watch of it.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, do you know why its called Jappiness? I know they kind of explain it, but it didn't make sense to me.

    I'm trying to think of something you can say PMS is abbreviated for. "Poorly Managed Spirits"..."Probably Malicious Sentiments", ah, I don't know...

    Congrats on the 200 pounds, I've gained a few since starting work. I think it's because I eat a breakfast, lunch and dinner. When I was unemployed and even at school I would eat just two meals a day.

    I'm hoping for the best with you and Kerry, it still is hard for em to imagine you being tied down.

    Oo, how about "Plastered Mood Swings".

    ReplyDelete