Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just Can't Get Enough



Sorry about that pic taking over the beginning of this post but that one is my favorite from the ones of Me, O, and my Sis.

Needless to say, the Porter Ofili Wedding was pretty legit. Plenty to Nigerians to go around and with them they brought some crazy traditions. My favorite tradition has to be the one where they throw dollar bills (or any other kind of bill) at the women while they dance. Apparently you're supposed to put it on their foreheads but you can imagine our surprise when they were doing a traditional dance and some old dude walks up and starts making it rain! Speaking of which, Having Smilez out with us was great as he made it rain 5's and 1's at Ricks....And if you're wondering about the title it applies to two things, Ann Arbor visits/1502 reunions...and RICKS!

I've decided that no matter what whenever I visit AA I HAVE to go to Ricks. I know some people think it's played out and now we're too old as we hear about underage girls getting in (Case in point my little sis went with us on Sat Night)...BUT honestly it's an experience you can't get anywhere else and is worth at least ONE night per visit.

Ok to recap the weekend, it was slow in terms of AA craziness. Friday was a nice long night where Cass and Kenzo were able to hang out with Me and Mike O....No Sweeney this time at Arch so it was pretty sad. Friday night we did the Main Street thing...well primarily. We started with a glass of wine with Cassie, dinner at our new favorite Tomukun, had some sake, and well headed to main. Pretty much as Cassie said we ended up at Ricks. The only new information I can add about that night is my post Rick's story, so here it is.....

As the night went on it was getting pretty grim for me, I hadn't locked down anything specific (yes I'm talking about a girl here) and it was getting a little late, I mean I could feel "The Gambler" coming at any moment. Then out of the corner of my eye I see my own little Pauly-D ish stalker, Rachel. I don't mean to call her a stalker but I can't remember a recent trip to AA, or Rick's where she wasn't there. Anyways since I was pretty drunk this point and looking to get my "tip wet" it seemed like a logical decision to talk to her. Despite Cassie's best efforts to ward her off and take me away, I agreed to spend the remainder of my night with her. SHE on the other hand somehow thought it would be a good time to weirdly profess how much she liked me and some other stuff (hazy on the details but all around the same type of topic) and kept insisting that I didn't like her, or hated her, or wasn't interesting, or some other nonsense. If you know me you SHOULD know I don't like games, well drunk me HATES games and at this point I was ready to leave her. Unfortunately Cassie and company had left 10 minutes ago and drunk me hates SEARCHING even more than games. So I told her what she wanted to hear (I do like you, I've always liked you...etc), to which there lies some truth. Anyways once she was convinced we spent a good 15 minutes trying to decide where exactly we were going to go "sleep." And yes "sleep" means have sex. I was staying in a REAL hotel with my parents, or at Hotel Arch, in which Mike O and Kenzo and Smilez were sure to be. She doesn't like in AA or at least anywhere close (still with her parents, like me!) so we settled on her friends apartment with the promise of a couch. LITTLE did I know her friend lived in YPSI...Ugh....Fastforward a boring cab ride, we get back to the apartment and we have to wait for the friend and some guys to come over and let us in. A note about these guys, there were 3 of them and they were big, black, and all carrying GUNS for some reason. Apparently you need to be STRAPPED when going to Rick's these days...Fastforward through me half-falling asleep through a Rachel Lap Dance.....OH WAIT, gotta back up to the actual sex....So while we waited for the friends to come home I lost my patience, so I literally undressed her on the stairwell and took care of my business right there, in public. DRUNK me is not very patient, and once I was finished I REALLY wanted to leave, but drunk me is also CHEAP and didn't want to pay 20bucks for a car ride back from YPSI....Fastforward to the weirdest part of the night. At some point everyone left the living room and I passed out on the couch lying with Rachel. I woke up during the night and decided the floor +blankets would be way more comfortable...A couple hours later Rachel wakes me up and tells me to sleep on the couch in her place. I say im ok but she INSISTS I do this. So I do and in my half awake drunken movement I think I feel something cold as I lay down, but I ignore it and pass out...it was a long day, with a long car ride and lots of drinking..When I wake up I notice that my ENTIRE LEFT side is SOAKED...and I mean water park wave pool soaked. I am a little confused but not that surprised as Chin knows this wouldn't be my first rodeo in this department...BUT upon further inspection I find that the source of the wetness WASN'T me...it was infact Rachel and she HAD to know that before she told me to sleep there....A perfect conclusion to a perfect night with her...and yes that was Sarcasm. My conclusion was that somehow she tried to cover up her misdeeds or use me as a scapegoat simply to say "Oh, that's where Stev slept" in either case, NOT cool and I believe I am finally done with that course, for good, like bridge burning done.

So that was Friday, Saturday was the wedding, Beautiful ceremony and reception minus the fact that they were on CP time all day. That means colored people time, which means Black People are always late. But the food was great, the company was amazing, and Mike O "crashed" which was awesome. I even got to dance to some Grease soundtrack with Smilez at the reception next door. The DJ was pretty solid as he played some of my old favorites, all of which I used to dance to at some time at Ricks..my favorites were "lean with it rock with it" "stereo love" "teach me how to dougie" and of course "the cha cha slide"

To end our night we decided that there was only one reasonably place to go, RICKS! My sister luckily got to borrow Amber's ID and we were off. Many drinks later (Oh the reception was open bar) the night at ricks ended with seeing many familiar faces and sharing many dances. ODDLY enough I ran into an old Rachel flame of mine, and let's just say she got the FULL Stev "experience" on the dance floor....Use your imagination and YES that includes MORE than "saying hello." After closing we hung out outside for a long time, met some other people, and eventually went back to Arch. I slept at Megan and Lindsay's place well because I wanted to sleep on a bed and SMASHLEY was sleeping on the couch...Ashley was one of Jack's friends from Cincinnasti.

Well more or less that about rounds it up. Some things I missed.

Karaoke on Friday
New Friend Outside Pig on Friday
Taylor Dancing with my sis on Saturday (guess he likes Black girls after all)
Cole Drunk at the reception
Mims on Saturday (old Friend who Wheeler and Stann also know)

I'll probably post again in the next couple days depending on how this weekend goes. Sorry it took so long I really didn't have anything else to do I just didn't feel like writing. Plus I got a crap ton of more responsibility with coaching now that Stann left.

Oh and if any of you ever thought it was fun to be a distance runner, think again, I did MILE repeats yesterday (Just because, I don't know why, it was easier than running all them together at once) and it was TERRIBLE. But a good workout.

3 comments:

  1. I tried so hard...she was more than struggling...obviously...oh well...good times...and good stories haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol....."Yea u told her what she wanted to hear" but DON'T act like u couldn't have said NO to her, I saw u, or didn't see u when u disappeared so I assumed u already pulled the infamous Waithe disappearing act from Ricks. But guns + water sports=not a good night! PS. Why no recap on Saturday night with M??? Strangely curious no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha well there's nothing to recap with Megan, just went to sleep ha.

    ReplyDelete