Monday, October 18, 2010

What's Wrong with Them

Hey hey,

So I'm pretty excited for this week. I start my basketball pre-season workouts, the official first workouts I get to supervise, create, and coach myself, definitely curious to see what kind of kids I'll have to work with and how they'll respond to me. Also this week, I should be getting my substitute teacher registration information back and then start subbing...that'll be nice. And Finally I'll get to carve my UM pumpkin I've wanted to carve for years now, Wednesday to be exact. 45 and I and her roomies will be having a carving party, and yes I'm excited for something like that.

This weekend was interesting, for one reason or another I did not see 45 at all, which meant it was pretty much boys weekend out. This sounds good in theory except I realized that I really don't have any boys here in Maryland, I mean the last 5 years of my life have been all Mich wingmen and let me tell you, that makes a huge difference. Here, all the guys are just trying to get their tip wet and will by no means hinder their progress to help a friend out. I mean yeah most of the time guys are out to get some and what not, but your friends are supposed to pull back and help you out when you're in need, not the case with the people I've been hanging out with here. Long story short, I get abandoned, which wouldn't be bad if I had driven or had a place to return to, but in both cases I was left without a place to crash or a way back home...so yeah not cool. Moral of the story, I need to find some actual friends again, all my old buddies from HS have moved on, which is good, and my one best friend likes to disappear days at a time and has tended to be unreliable at the best. I still have my brother but if any of you know him then you pretty much understand.

So where does this leave me? Who knows. In regards to my last post about being unsure of 45, after spending a weekend in the city and seeing what's out there, I think that I will be more than happy to stay with 45 and just keep going in the direction we're going. Outside of my own college environment, the college town and city life just aren't that appealing to me because well I have no one to share them with. I've never been the Pruitt I can go out by myself type, so without a good group of 1502 type friends to share it with there really is nothing special about living in a college town or big city. In order to counter this, I'll probably limit going out to 2 days a week, and more than likely just go out with 45 and her group of friends, who are all really nice, attractive, and have accepted me, so nothing wrong there. I suppose I was just scared of getting too close with them and not being able to explore other options, but I think I need to keep myself in perspective and focus on getting my life in the direction I want to go, running around chasing skirts is not the direction I wish to pursue....anymore.

Well I will more than likely be excited this time tomorrow as I begin my coaching career, I'll post about that later on. Good Day All.

2 comments:

  1. "running around chasing skirts is not the direction you want to pursue...anymore," interesting...good for you i guess...i still miss our 1502 days though...and I am so not forgetting about you saying this...it is hard to change...i still relapse every now and again haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you're desire to pumpkin carve a block M makes me laugh, also, the way you eat makes me laugh

    ReplyDelete