Saturday, September 18, 2010

Come and Dance with Me

DMB at Wrigley Night One....Amazing

As I'm sure you all know by now, last night was the first of two nights that DMB performed at Wrigley, and let me tell you it was quite the show. Chin and I went into our weekend with high hopes, we grabbed a 12% joose (four loko's cousin) polished off a mini bottle of wine, and I even grabbed four shots of something from friends we met on the train. With a pregame like that we were very excited and didn't mind the walk that probably was longer than it seemed. 

My favorite part of the show, oddly enough wasnt a song that Dave played, it was the city itself. Coming from the east coast I've seen my fair share of big cities, but Chicago last night, from Wrigley, just beautiful. I have a lasting image of watching Dave play one of my favorite songs, Everyday, and looking out to the gorgeous Chicago city backdrop with all the lights and everything. Man what a natural high that was.

After the show we did some more walking and decided to head to John Barleycorn, which is usually always a good time, and I was definately in the mood for some dancing. Of course there were tons of beautiful people there and we pretty much formed a mobb in the streets of the city as thousands of people came pouring out after the Dave show, it was pretty reminscent of a UM football game except way more adults than college kids. Everyone was just so happy, or drunk, you really had no choice but to get caught up in the moment.

After about an hour, John Barley got really packed, and Chin and I weren't really feeling it anymore, I mean the lack of a drink special probably helped to kill our buzz but I think we really just got our dancing fix in. We took another mini tour walking and streets and headed over to Duffy's the UM faithful bar. To my surprise it was pretty empty compared to other places but I guess it was a bit more than just a hop and a skip away from the stadium.

We don't have much planned for Today (Saturday) besides maybe trying to catch the UM game and getting a group together to pregame at Duffy's before the show tonight. I have never done a double header for a Dave show before so I'm pretty excited to see what Dave has planned for the second performance.

Well that wraps it up for now, no exciting story yet but def plenty of time for that and a great lasting impression...

No comments:

Post a Comment