Thursday, September 23, 2010

"You're not from around here" "Sure I am, why do you think that?" "Well there aren't really black people in Wheaton" ..."Yeah you're right, I'm from Maryland"

Won't you take me to, Cougar Town?!


AND my small Bladder attacks again!!!

Ok so if you guys read one of my earlier posts, you will know that I classify my bladder as one of the biggest blocks around. There are multiple occasions where I'll be meeting a new friend, leave to use the head, and come back and they've disappeared!! Last night was noooo different.

To back track a little Chin and I realized that last night would be my last night of big drinking on the midwest, so we decided to do what we do best, play smash and pregame! haha good times. We made some Seagrims and Mountain Dew. Chuck joined us for the craziness and eventually we ended up biking to Rosies. I should warn you guys that biking under the influence in very bad, and against the law so don't do it!!!

So at Rosie's they had their Wednesday night 80c beer specials so we capitalized on that. The title quote comes from a conversation I had with a Cougar. To describe the scene a little bit, Rosie's is filled with Wheaton North and South old highschool buddies, like Chin's age and older or younger, and then a bunch of adults. It's a pretty small town to people usually know each other and an outsider, especially a black one, stands out. So I spent a good portion of the night trying to convince a couple people that I graduated from Wheaton North with Chin but eventually this older woman caught on and called my bluff. Surprising enough she seemed into me and we talked about how she grew up in Chicago, her previous two marriages, her two girls, how she now is single and doesn't want a man, how she doesn't have a job but owns a house and supports her kids, you know normal bar talk ha. Then things got interesting, she introduced me to her friends (a couple whom she met in her neighborhood) and told me about how it was hard for her to meet new people etc etc.

She kept asking me when I was leaving, in a way that inferred she wanted to hang out again before I left, and granted due to my intoxication I was all about it. Besides who doesn't want their own "Dr. Laura" story? But then it happened. Out of no where my bladder kicked me in the balls and yelled "I gotta go pee!" I pleaded with my new lady friend (whose name I either never learned or don't remember) to wait while I went, or even to come take a "walk" with me ha but then Chuck told her that walk really meant use the bathroom. Moral of the story, when I returned from my behind the bar bathroom trip, I saw her waving and smiling as she drove away in her large SUV.

So alas, seems like my time in Wheaton had some good possibilities, and high moments, but as far as opposite sex goes it was not fruitful. I'm still at the point where I left Michigan, but I kinda like the quiet time. Helps me transition into my new lifestyle. The not so crazy partier lifestyle, at least thats what I hope will happen.

Well I have something else to talk about that ties into this post, but I just wanted to get the story out there!

Spidaman!

No comments:

Post a Comment