Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hands All Over

Knock Knock

Hello Friends,


My name is Opportunity , I come by here knocking every so often in a few different forms. Whether it be for employment, education, relationships, business decisions, financial gains, I always present myself in one way or another. Now I admit, I'm not always as easy to see as some of our other colleagues, like a sure deal, heartbreak, or success but I am the one that's closely related to almost all things in life. Usually after my visit, you either are left happy or sad, depending on if you decided to capitalize on me or not. If you were to ask me, I can't remember a time when someone said "Oh man, so glad I didn't capitalize on him when he was here, otherwise I would definitely have that beginning of a beautiful relationship I was waiting for." I don't mean to brag but I am kind of a big deal.


So you're asking yourself, why is Opportunity taking time out of his busy day to write to us? Well it's simple, I just want to make you guys aware, or rather reaffirm that I am out there, and when you see me you shouldn't hesitate (It's like someone smart said, "he who hesitates, is lost"). Make the most of me when you can, it may not always work out, but it is better than the alternative, you left wondering "what if?" or "what could have been?" or even worse, you're left thinking "what a wasted opportunity"


Go confidently...
Yours Truly,
Opportunity

Well for today's post I decided to try something new, write and listen to music. The title of this post is the new Maroon 5 Album I'm currently listening to. They have been a favorite of mine since high school and I must say I approve of this new stuff, more so than their last one.
Also I hope you guys appreciated the letter in the beginning of the post, I had a conversation with a friend recently that gave me the inspiration for this post. To be brief, in the conversation there were a lot of the I wonders and why didn't we's and all kinds of those types of phrases that made me realize what happens to people who don't act on things when they are right in front of them. I mean yeah its not always going to work out, making the first move can land you rejection, or moving out of town for a job you're not sure about can totally make you miserable; BUT at least you tried, which is all we really can do to keep ourselves honest and going in a direction of our choice. Not Acting is just one of the most terrible things we can do to ourselves, its like instant sabotage.

As you probably already noticed, nothing of real note has happened on Monday, Sunday night, or probably Today, Tuesday. The most exciting thing was the House premiere, which Chin and I missed anyway because we were on a bike ride attempting to be active. So today I'll probably spend most of my time trying to catch up with a couple of shows, most notably "Boardwalk Empire" HBO's new mob crime story thing which apparently is great.

Friday marks my last day in the Midwest, and I'm actually excited. Excited to get back home and be with my family, and excited to see where the heck the next couple months of my life are going to take me. Short post, nothing life changing but there it is.

1 comment:

  1. I am not excited for you to go back, I'll have no one to do nothing at all with me...As for opportunity, i feel I've wasted plenty, but I'm starting to find that, yes, I need to capitalize on more of them.

    ReplyDelete