Thursday, September 30, 2010

5 steps, from Eternity

Well I decided that it's probably more practical to post like Chin, meaning at night time after the day's activities were all said and done.

So quick update...Last night I went to the city with 45 (who's name is Kerry btw I just like calling her 45, has a nice ring to it in my head). We hung out at Frank's place, won a mini bp best of three tourney, and then headed to a neighboring bar. A nice fun and laid back night of drinking, something that I could never really achieve in AA.

Today, I woke up at 7am to move 45's car which was parked in a no parking 7am-7pm zone. Turns out I got lost in the city and ended up driving around for over 2 hours. I guess when you spend 5 years in AA and never really drive during breaks it's hard to find your sense of direction in Baltimore, not to mention I already have a pretty bad sense of direction. I got back to Frank's house around 9:15, woke 45 up and we drove back to my place. She had to work at 11 so we hung around in my basement watching Fresh Prince until she went into work. Shortly thereafter the lack of sleep caught up to me and I passed out till around 3.

My sister "suffered" a concussion recently, I say "suffered" because I don't really understand why that's the term people choose to use for injuries, but thats a whole other story. Anyways due to her injury she missed two weeks of school, during this time her Calc teacher assigned all this online hw, which for her isn't a grade now but she still wanted her to complete it. So i spent the next couple hours of my day, helping her out with this mountain of online homework. After that I searched the government job website my mom referred to me to see if anything interested me and it really didn't, so I came up with a new direction for my next couple months...

I decided that in addition to being Assistant Basketball and Track coach, I'm going to substitute teach as well in Baltimore County. I figure thats a good way to at least make some kind of money while I study for my GRE's. The moral of the story is the interviews didn't go well, by that I mean i didn't really like the environments I was going into. On top of that, the other jobs I was looking at were for full time, which I couldn't do and coach, and were below my qualification level, meaning anyone with a highschool diploma could do them, meaning I would make less money than any other job I've ever really done.

So my Thursday plan consists of turning in all my applications for the coaching jobs and stubsitute teaching gig, gather a couple references, and then probably go out with 45 and a couple of her friends....Yes I know I traded a "dream" life in AA of working and partying, for a "dream" life in Maryland of looking for work and moderately drinking...


Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment