Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crash Into Me

Man oh Man, what a Saturday. I always here about people having full days and everything but I really felt like Chin and I accomplished everything we needed to on Saturday and had one of the best times ever doing it. But you don't want to hear me talk about it, instead you can just read what I have to say about it. (Yeah bad joke I know, unfortunately I have the habit of not editing when I write so what you see is what you get)

We started our Saturday relatively early for Chin and I, based on what time we have been waking up recently. The newly wed Folkens were up early making moves, which I have to admit is nice to watch a young married couple being so active. The weather gave us a bit of a scare since it decided to be cloudy, overcast with scattered showers, however we had so much excited over seeing Dave for a second night that we pretty much ignored it. We headed to this local diner on the corner of Melrose, right around the block from the apartment we were squatting at. It was like our Benny's of Chicago, and I have to admit it was very enjoyable. Their specials tho are three eggs any style versus Benny's two, a very nice surprise.

After our meal walked back to the apartment debating on what to do for the UM football game. In the end, we decided to head over to Duffy's which was a pretty hefty walk but Very Very worth it. Watching a game in this bar is as close as you can get as actually watching it in Ann Arbor. SOO many UM Alumni all there cheering for the Maize and Blue. One thing I did notice though was that almost everyone was attractive. It's like someone sent out a mass e-mail to all beautiful UM alum, had them move to Chicago, and then said let's all get together and watch the game at Duffy's...yeah I should have taken pictures to get you guys to better understand how great this place was, except I would have gotten distracted and only taken pictures of the girls ha. If anyone watched the UM game you know how crazy it was, but we pulled it off in the end, in a very sloppy fashion. UM 42, UMASS 37 ...  During halftime and at random intervals Duffy's has a random 5 minute special or so, Yesterday they did free shots for anyone with a Michigan public library card, and Yes I had my L card on me from the Ann Arbor District Library, very very nice random thing.


After Duffy's we went back to the apartment to blow a couple of hours before we headed Back to Duffy's for the FREE Bud Light. They do this special where when you walk in they check you out and decide if you're cool, since Chin and I definately are pretty sweet they decided to give us free Beer for two hours. Ha ok so that's not exactly what it is. If you call ahead and say you have a party of 5 or more people, you get free bud lights from 6:30 to 8:30 any night of the week. Chin and I planned on having a large group to go with us before the show, unfortunately they were really passionate about seeing Jason Mraz open and didn't want to join us. So Chin and I just chilled with the bartenders and enjoyed our free bud lights for an hour or so. Pretty good way to pregame for a DMB show.

DMB's second night at Wrigley was Incredible. Somehow they put on a better night than Friday, with a longer set list and longer Jam sessions. A sold out Wrigley Field for DMB...something special. It seems that we took it too easy with the pregame because half way through the show Chin and I sobered up, it didn't hinder the experience but it did feel like we were the only two sober people there ha. There were adults dancing in the ailes going crazy and I for once felt like man, I wish i was there that guy is now ha.

The show ended sometime after 11 so we took another long walk back to the Folken's apartment to polish off some MCCORMICKS!!!! Whiskey that I had brought with me. After a mix drink we headed off into the night not really knowing what to expect but still feeling great after a one time DMB experience. We ended up hanging out at this bar Friar Tuck most of the night, which was a lot of fun and we met some actress type girl who was doing an Indie film. Don't remember her name, or the film, but she was cool and made for good conversation. I kept making eye contact with this girl wearing an "interesting" hat, but after Chin informed me that she wasn't the cutest girl he knew I decided to let her slide. That was actually the closest I came to a opposite sex "interaction" on my exploits ha ha, sad, or maybe I'm just turning over a new leaf ha. Who knows.

After Friar Tuck we wanted to see what Chi town offered at 3am so we headed back to....you guessed it Duffy's. Our new friendtender Bryce told us about a bar around the corner where they all go after work (3am) that stayed open to 5am, so Chin and I went there early to scope it out. This place was actually pretty cool, a basement bar that actually was classy, unlike our favorite AA Basement bar Richard's. Turns out the servers and bartenders never met up with us, but I did run into them outside the var at some point in the night. Getting closer to 4am Chin noticed me in my drunken falling asleep phase, so we called it an night.


All in all, we did about a Freshman Year Welcome Week's worth of walking in one day, but the ends justified the means. We even managed to make it to the 12:40 train this time and spent most of today watching football, playing video games (Chin) and napping (Me)...We did realize that we spent a good amount of money on our DMB adventure weekend, so chances are we won't be doing much this week, my last week in the midwest. No worries though, that means you guys get to read my blog about more random thoughts!

Excited, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment