Sunday, September 12, 2010

Go Blue

Final Score: Michigan 28, ND 24....What an emotional roller coaster of a game!

So, as any loyal UM fan knows, the outcome of a UM football game tends to dictate the events of that evening. When UM loses, parties get canceled, people stay in for the night, and everyone gets gloomy. However, when UM wins, like they did yesterday, everyone gets really excited and they ride that wave of excitement right through the night. Needless to say, watching yesterday's game had the latter effect on chin and I and we decided what better way to celebrate their victory then head into the City...Chicago here we come!

Man the first thing I thought to myself, was here we go, big city is more my element, my style, I will def have a nice story to post from tonight...eh false again. I swear I dunno how many times I need to strike out for me to give up...well thats not true I know Im never going to stop trying ha, neways here we go....

So we grabbed a couple of 40s for the train ride down into the city and were surprisingly sober when we arrived, we walked around for a bit as we realized we had a good amount of time to kill as we waited to meet up with Chin's friend Sandra. If you read my post from the other day, at least the title, you will notice that lately I've had a pretty small bladder, and this haunted me this trip into the city for sure. This has only happened to me one time before but alas on the red line I could no longer hold myself any longer, and I let go right there on the subway...Yes you read that correctly, I wet myself in the middle of the city in the BEGINNING of the night....but no worries, this didn't "soil" our enthusiasm as we still planned to have a good night.


After walking for awhile we decided to head to Duffy's....Chicago's fabled, and for good reason, Michigan bar. On our way there I ran into Kara! shout out to Kenzo. Unfortunately she was playing third wheel and heading in the opposite direction of us so we just said our hellos and talked for a couple minutes then moved on. I have to admit, all night i was surprisingly comfortable talking to people with wet pants.


Anyways we arrived at Duff'y's to a nice sized group of people and I was pretty impressed with all the UM flags and posters. They had a 20 dollar all you can drink special which both Chin and I took advantage of since we were feeling a bit on the sober side. We met a couple of people and I had a few chances, but running to the bathroom every 10 minutes really killed any opportunity I made for myself. So sadly there was no one to note here, but for future reference I think I could do pretty well, and by that I mean meet some new friends at Duffy's.


Around 1 am or so, I think, We finally decided to meet up with Sandra and her friends at this very Latina bar. I mean there were a couple of Black people sprinkled, maybe a White person or too but otherwise everyone else was Latina...it was nice. They had like a different DJ playing in the front and back half of the bar, and the place was called Hotel Victor... I'll let Chin tell you about his half of the story if he chooses but the moral is that we ended up taking a cab back to his sister's apartment. A cab ride that took 10 times longer than it had to. I don't appreciate you cab drivers taking advantage of drunk passengers, although I cant say i wouldn't do the same from time to time. 


Its 12:40 now and we can't leave the city till the 2:40 train, guess we have some more time to burn. 


Stev out...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment